Hibbett Sports - Review about Asics Kayano 20 from Mountain View, California

18 of 48 Hibbett Sports reviews

Update added by user Mar 04

Receiled another pair of Asics from Hibbets store manager today.Although they too are over 2 years past manufacturer date.

Maybe this is common practice.Hope these stay together as all other Asics I have owned were excellent shoes .

Update added by user Mar 03

This is in Fultondale Alabama, not California.

Original review posted by user Mar 03

Bought a pair of Asics Kyano 20 in Sept.2015.Paid 149.00.

Shoes falling apart by Feb. 2016. Called Hibbets and said they could only return within 90 days. So I contacted Asics and they said the warranted up to 2 years of manufacturer.

And that they gave Hibbets a return allowance for defective shoes and they should replace my shoes. These shoes still look brand new. And the entire bottom of the shoe is coming apart. So i called Hibbets and told them what Asics said and the store manager "Tina" said she could not help me.

So I cintacted Adics agsin and they wanted me to check the date of manufacturing. Come to find out these shoes Hibbets sold me are 18 months and 24 months out....So when I purchased these shoes after one month the left Shoe was out of warrantu and they dont even match date of manufacturer. So in short this shor was manufactured Nov.2013. Still the manager "Tina woukd not help me.

So aftet a call to the district manager and customer service Tina called me to let me know her boss told her to replace my shoe....ya think? ITs been a week now and still no wird from Tina. Yet I called yesterday and another employee said they were in. But still no word from the manager.

If I call tomorrow and she tells me there are not in.It will be on, Scott Carpenter, Jeff Rosenthal, and Mr.Watson will all receive a call.Never again Hibbets.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Asics Kayano 20
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #801872 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Hibbett Sports? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
18 of 48 Hibbett Sports reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 04 #1121852

five months is a long time to have a pair of running shoes so cut the store manager a break also I doubt she personally mismatched the pair or checks the labels inside the boxes. Depending on where a person runs the soles can break down on concrete on as little as 200miles and most people swap out in the 500 - 600 mile range. I wear out shoes that look perfect on the top but the bottoms show the wear and the support inside compresses. If you know your new shoes are at the store waiting just go in with the old ones and swap them out instead of being a drama queen about it. I love Asics and rotate between 4 pair and have replaced insoles to reserve for street wear.

0 4 Reply

Mar 03 #1121615

Buy Brooks. Get them at seasonal discounts.

18 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.